Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Engine Ready to Come Out

Here is a quick update of recent progress. I have all of the steering and suspension out of the front end. I have the muffler out and the drive shaft removed. I bought an engine lift, so I am ready to pull the running gear. I did splurge for some coil spring compressors as well. I thought there wasn't any pressure on them when the control arms were loose, but it had enough force to fly about 8 feet across the shop. There is a nice glamour shop of my new welder too. It's alsmost ready to do some work.







Work Summary:

Pull Front Suspension - Done - 6/14/2009
Broke Bolt on Sway Bar. Need all new bushings.
Remove Front Brake Lines - Done - 6/14/2009
Broke Line from Master Cylinder to Dist Manifold
Remove Steering Box / Links - Done - 6/14/2009
Need all new bushings / etc
Remove Drive Shaft - Done - 6/16/2009
Needs new U Joints
Remove Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace - Done - 6/16/2009
Remove Muffler - Done - 6/16/2009
Had to Cut in Half to get out of car
Unhook Heater Core Hoses - Done - 6/16/2009

No comments: